PolyMag Neo Nucleic Acid Delivery Reagent
PolyMag Neo utilizes MagnetofectionTM technology to provide a powerful and universal transfection reagent.
What is Magnetofection? This method associates DNA with magnetic nanoparticles coated with cationic molecules. The resulting molecular complexes are then transported into cells supported by an appropriate magnetic field. Magnetofection exploits magnetic force exerted upon gene vectors towards, possibly even into, the target cells. In this manner, the complete applied vector dose gets concentrated on the cells within a few minutes so that 100% of the cells get in contact with a significant vector dose. Inspired by the validated and recognized magnetic drug targeting technology, this innovative method is a revolution for transfection and infection.
PolyMag Neo is applicable to all nucleic acids and a wide spectrum of transfection conditions. The universal and powerful PolyMag Neo formulation allows you to achieve very high transfection efficiency combined with superior transgene expression. It is composed of magnetic nanoparticles coated with cationic molecules. Polymag Neo has the following features:
- High transgene expression
- Good transfection efficiency
- Multipurpose - works with various types of nucleic acids including plasmid DNA, siRNA, oligonucleotides, linearized DNA, double stranded RNA, mRNA, shRNA
- Universal - primary cells and cell lines
- Simple, easy to use, and rapid
- Compatible with and without serum-containing medium
Simple to use
PolyMag Neo is very easy to use:
- Add nucleic acid to PolyMag Neo
- Add the nucleic acid-PolyMag Neo complexes to cells
- Incubate the culture vessel on the magnetic plate
- Remove from magnetic plate and process as usual
PolyMag Neo Results
Download User Manual
100μl of PolyMag Neo reagent is sufficient for 100 transfections with 1μg of DNA or 1000 transfections per 96-well plate.NOTE:
As for all Magnetofection reagents, PolyMag Neo requires an appropriate magnetic field. Two magnetic plates especially designed for Magnetofection are provided to exert this specific magnetic field. The special geometry of one magnetic plate produces a strong magnetic field that is suitable for 96-well plates (cat. # MF10096
) and the other one (cat. # MF-10000
) is suitable for all culture dishes.